1. Overview of Cottonseed Oil
Refine cottonseed oil is the oil squeezed from cottonseeds. It is divided into pressed cottonseed oil, genetically modified cottonseed oil, cottonseed crude oil, and finished cottonseed oil. The color is darker red than other oils, and it can be eaten after refining. It contains a lot of essential fatty acids, which can effectively inhibit the rise of blood cholesterol and maintain human health.
2. Cottonseed Oil Benefits
Refined cottonseed oil is generally orange-yellow or brown. The refined cottonseed oil has removed gossypol and other toxic substances and can be eaten by humans. The absorption rate of cottonseed oil by the human body is 98%.
3. Cottonseed oil refining process
Cottonseed oil crude oil→degumming→deacidification→washing→decolorization→deodorization→winterization→finished first-grade cottonseed oil
4. Main equipment for cottonseed oil refining
Neutralization pot: used for acid refining, alkali refining and water washing;
Decolorization pot: use bleaching oil and depigmentation;
Deodorizing pot: used to remove the smell of grease; (made of stainless steel)
Heat-conducting oil furnace: provide the heat energy required for production, and the temperature reaches 280°C;
Vacuum pump: provide the vacuum required for decolorization and deodorization, which can reach more than 755mmHg;
Air compressor: dry bleaching clay;
Filter press: filter clay;
Steam generator: to generate steam required for deodorization distillation.
5. Precautions for operation of refining equipment
(1) After each replacement of the heat transfer oil, the heat transfer oil furnace must be kept at 90°C for more than 5 hours.
(2) For neutralization pots and decolorization and deodorization equipment, the use of heat energy must be reasonably distributed and adjusted. When deodorizing, it is necessary to ensure that the deodorizing temperature is 240-260 ℃, and other equipment mainly depends on the valve to adjust the balance.
(3) After overhaul, graphite gaskets must be used for heat conduction pipeline gaskets, and high-temperature valves must be used for replacement valves.
(4) Before the heat conduction oil furnace is ignited, the heat conduction oil pump must be started first. After the heat conduction oil furnace ceases fire, the heat conduction oil pump must continue to run, and the heat conduction oil pump can only be turned off when the temperature of the heat conduction oil drops below 100°C.
(5) It is forbidden to ignite the furnace without heat transfer oil; it is forbidden to ignite the furnace when the heat transfer oil pump is not running.